Not Another Mobile Phone Blog

One of its kind Mobile Phone Blog, that gives you views and news about mobile phones from India and across the world. I am in love with Nokia and their phones but I also write about other mobile guys. Think Mobile..Think NAMP!!!!


Front.jpg


After using 5800 for nearly one month I feel nothing different, except for the touch screen which is good but not great, the menu structure is similar to old phones nothing new is S60 5th edition. 5800 has its own new features like four new ways of text input, predictive input in contacts. but it don't appeal too much for a long run for e.g. I accept that four different ways of input is first of its kind in Nokia phones but I usually use alpha numeric keypad because it is convenient wherever you are, I may also use full screen keyboard in home but when I walk out of home and it is necessary for me to input text then full screen keyboard automatically starts up(the mode that was used lastly) Now I am in move and I cannot use full screen keyboard so now I am required to change the text input from keyboard to alphanumeric which is inconvenient. I would be happy if there is any way to set a default input mode, the predictive text input in contacts in one of the feature I have longed for(PPCs use this) but the response is bit slow it should be okay after a firmware update..The switch on the right side is very useful.. It instantly locks the screen. The Xpress music button on the top right corner of the phone is handy, it is too handy so that I was just confused, at first, about placing applications on the standby screen cause all the standard and frequent applications are already placed Xpress shortcut.. At last I could say that I like this phone. But Nokia could have done more in polishing the OS.


I also read a lot of articles about 5800 being the iphone killer but I could not simply accept that, both phones are designed in mind keeping different set of peoples, iphone is designed for easy going people, those who don't care much about technology, but Nokia phones will give us great control over the phone and it is designed for the people with that requirements, but the touch screen interface is inspired from iphone, a Nokia executive told this once.


Sent by a reader who is using Nokia 5800 XpressMusic since one month.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Please make sure that your comments are relevant to the blog post. Refrain from using links that are irrelevant, such comments and links would be deleted.

Clicky Web Analytics